Saturday, September 24, 2005

I Saw the Sign (and broke it!)

So we have this large handwashing apparatus at work. It's shaped like a enormous traffic light with the green, yellow, and red lights, and is supposed to remind visitors to "STOP, WASH, and GO". You put your hands underneath this small little container, curl one finger, and sanitizing foam sprays out of the tube like hair mousse.

I really had never thought myself as much of a klutz until today, when from on the other side of a mechanically locked gate (which I was attempting to raise), I managed to flip this gigantic traffic light over, at which time it toppeled over onto the floor and broke into multiple pieces.

People came running from all directions and were amazed that I, standing in a seperate room and behind a locked gate, had caused this mess. Looking back, it was hilarious...what wasn't so funny at the time, was having to wheel this now broken large traffic light on wheels down to the basement where it can get repaired on Monday morning.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, nice blog. I especially liked the photo of Dubya. Wondering where you work that has the sign you broke (good one by the way). You can email me if you don't want to share on your blog. And Trudy is off to the farm this weekend for veggies - maybe you need to stop over and get some? Get our number and call us if you want. hope all is going well enough with Mike out of the country - when does he come home?

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizz, I was going to tell you how to turn type key on, but it seems you have already done it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home