Wednesday, June 14, 2006

World Cup Fever!

The World Cup has now been going on five days now and has it ever been fantastic! Close games, near upsets, fantastic footwork, and loud drunken fans--could it get any better?

I don't know what you are doing reading my blog--you should be tuned to your nearest television set on ESPN or a foreign network for excellent soccer coverage. If (sadly!) you are like me, and have no TV reception of any kind, you can always tune in over the radio airwaves!

I was listening to AM 1440 in Minneapolis for live World Cup coverage in Spanish. It was Germany v. Costa Rica and the fans and commentator were cheering so loud, I kept having to turn my radio down. When Costa Rica scored their second goal, the commentator yelled: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..." and then my radio cut out and then cut back in "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL".
It was by far the best radio I've heard in a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home